There are questions tonight about the legal advice given verbally to Lancashire councillors who have been considering Cuadrilla’s application to frack at Preston New Road. One member of the county council committee which will decide the plan said tonight councillors were told they would be breaking the law if […]
Reacting to today’s decision by Lancashire councillors to adjourn the decision on Cuadrilla’s planning application to test frack at Preston New Road until Monday (29 June), Friends of the Earth’s senior energy campaigner Liz Hutchins said: “This shows just how contentious this polluting industry is. Despite a massive […]
Lancashire councillors agreed this afternoon to delay a decision on Cuadrilla’s proposals to frack at Preston New Road in the Fylde. The county council’s development control committee will consider the application again on Monday morning (29th June 2015) after taking legal advice on planning policy.
As Lancashire councillors prepare to decide on Cuadrilla’s fracking applications, a senior academic has called for a moratorium on hydraulic fracturing until more information is known about the risks of contamination.
Council planning officer, Stuart Perigo, said today there had been 18,106 objections to Cuadrilla’s application to frack at a site in the Fylde area of Lancashire. There had been 217 comments in support of the plans.
Nearly 50 people gave evidence today against Cuadrilla’s proposal to frack at Preston New Road in the Fylde area of Lancashire.
Britain’s largest union, Unite, has urged Lancashire County Council to block Cuadrilla’s applications to frack at two sites in the Fylde.
Some opponents of Cuadrilla’s plans to frack in the Fylde have suggested Lancashire County Council’s decision-making process is unfair and biased in favour of the company.
A councillor who accused the government of undermining Lancashire’s decisions on fracking is no longer a member of the committee that will vote on Cuadrilla’s applications next week.