14th May 2014 The chair of Balcombe Parish Council, Alison Stevenson, said the village was split by Cuadrilla’s exploratory drilling operation and the protests that accompanied it. But she felt Balcombe could heal in the future.
10th May 2014 Transcripts of the last week of parliamentary questions and statements on fracking and shale gas With thanks to theyworkforyou.com
5th May 2014 The decision to grant planning permission to Cuadrilla to test its well at Balcombe should have been deferred, according to one of the authors of guidelines to West Sussex County Council on oil and gas development.
4th May 2014 The Frack Free Balcombe Residents Association (FFBRA) is consulting lawyers this week on a legal challenge to the decision to grant planning permission for more work on Cuadrilla’s oil well in the village.
30th April 2014 Yesterday, the planning committee of West Sussex County Council granted planning permission to Cuadrilla to test the viability of its oil exploration well at Balcombe. This is despite nearly 900 objections to the public consultation, a 5,000-name petition against the application and presentations in opposition […]
11th March 2014 Noise, lighting, traffic and the impact on the natural beauty of the High Weald are the key concerns of organisations responding to Cuadrilla’s application to flow test its oil exploration well at Balcombe. As the consultation period comes to an end, InvestigatingBalcomeAndCuadrilla.com has been analysing […]
3/2/14 Greenpeace reported today that a group of Sussex residents have formed the first legal blockade to stop a drilling site. The charity says solicitors acting on behalf of the residents have written to the Energy Secretary, Ed Davey, and the exploration company, Celtique Energie, to say they […]
The Energy Minister Michael Fallon has welcomed the report by Public Health England on the impact of fracking on people’s health and the environment. The report, issued yesterday, said fracking was likely to be low risk but it called for good onsite management and appropriate regulation. Mr Fallon said: “I […]
7-13th October Cuadrilla’s planning application to continue to explore for oil at Lower Stumble, Balcombe, expected to be publicised by West Sussex County Council Tuesday October 8th House of Lords Economic Affairs Committee discusses the economic impact on UK energy policy of shale gas and oil Deadline expires […]
Update to Timeline – September 2013 30/9/13 Anti-fracking protestors begin to leave the camp outside Cuadrilla’s site at Balcombe. The Guardian reports that tents, banners and makeshift structures are being cleared from verges. Cuadrilla closed the exploratory well before its planning permission expired on Saturday September 28th. The […]