Tory Trafford votes against fracking again
Conservative-controlled Trafford Council voted overwhelmingly last night to reaffirm its opposition to fracking until it is proved to be safe.
Conservative-controlled Trafford Council voted overwhelmingly last night to reaffirm its opposition to fracking until it is proved to be safe.
Our digest of October’s headlines about fracking, shale and onshore oil and gas developments – and reaction to them – in the UK and around the world.
Today is one of the busier days in the UK debate about fracking and onshore drilling. In the space of six hours, there will be nine events, including council debates, exhibitions, public meetings, a demonstration and a social.
The government gave more detail this afternoon on how it would fast-track fracking through the planning system. In a statement the Local Government Secretary, Greg Clark, said he was changing the rules to allow him to take over decisions on shale gas appeals.
Transcripts and reports of parliamentary debates, questions and answers about fracking and onshore oil and gas for the week ending 30th January 2015 This week Vote on fracking moratorium in the Report stage of the Infrastructure Bill Publication of MPs report on fracking risks Questions on Shale gas […]
In October 2014, we posted a list of local authorities that have debated motions on fracking and onshore oil and gas drilling. Lots of readers found it useful and some asked for it to be updated. Here’s the latest version. Please let us know if there are councils […]
Events about fracking and onshore oil and gas during October 2014. Updated weekly. Sunday, 05 October 2014 Picnic at Horse Hill drilling site, 2pm, Horse Hill, near Horley, RH6 0RB Details
9th April 2014 County councillors on West Sussex’s planning committee meet on April 29th to decide whether Cuadrilla should have permission to flow test its exploratory oil well at Balcombe. The committee has 13 full members from across the county. Who are they? Which areas do they represent? […]
FrackFreeSussex has welcomed the unanimous vote by Wisborough Green Parish Council to oppose a planning application by Celtique Energie for an exploration rig near the village. The group said: “Brilliant example of what can be achieved, against all odds, when a community unites, plans and acts with one voice!” […]
West Sussex County Council confirmed (8/10/10) it is pursuing its legal action to take possession of roadside verges next to Cuadrilla’s exploration site at Balcombe, Anti-fracking campaigners have been camping along the verges since July. Last month, the council applied to the High Court for a possession order […]