17th April 2014 The district judge at the trial of MP Caroline Lucas and four other anti-fracking campaigners said conditions imposed on people at the Balcombe protest on August 19th were unlawful. He said the senior police officer who issued the conditions was not authorised to do so, […]
15th April 2014 Two anti-fracking campaigners accused of assaulting a police officer at last year’s Balcombe protests had their trial delayed for six months this morning. Beaujolais Bulman (26), of Lancaster, is charged with assaulting PC Llewellyn on August 19th last year outside Cuadrilla’s oil exploration site. Maria Sanders […]
7th April 2014 The acquittal of anti-fracking campaigners on Public Order Act charges vindicated their protest, one of its members said this morning.
7th April 2014 The prosecution at the trial of a group of anti-fracking campaigners failed to prove they ignored police warnings that they were in breach of a condition on protesting, a court heard today.
4th April 2014 District Judge William Ashworth is expected to give his verdict at 11am on Monday in the trial of nine anti-fracking campaigners arrested outside Cuadrilla’s oil exploration site at Balcombe.
4th April 2014 Section 14 trial: Day five A group of anti-fracking campaigners on trial for failing to comply with a police order should be acquitted because the order was illegal, their barristers claimed today.