Government fracking ban to consider all volumes – minister
The government is to consider all volumes of hydraulic fracturing when it introduces its ban on the process, an energy minister has said.
The government is to consider all volumes of hydraulic fracturing when it introduces its ban on the process, an energy minister has said.
The fracking company, Cuadrilla, has revealed it is to seek two more years at its mothballed shale gas site near Blackpool – just four days before the land should have been returned to agriculture.
Wells at two key sites in the UK’s failed shale gas revolution have been abandoned.
A gas company that criticised campaigners for using the word ‘fracking’ for a well operation in North Yorkshire used the same term for the same process in correspondence with officials.
Cuadrilla had until Sunday 8 June 2025 to restore its former Lancashire fracking site at Preston New Road to farmland. But so far, the work has not started.
Plans to drill for gas and carry out small-scale fracturing near a North Yorkshire village have been published, eight months after they were first announced.
The flare stack at Cuadrilla’s former fracking site near Blackpool was removed this lunchtime.
Key equipment was installed today to decommission Cuadrilla’s fracked shale gas wells and work is expected to start imminently.
At least 10 lorry loads of equipment were delivered today to decommission two former shale gas wells at Cuadrilla’s mothballed fracking site near Blackpool.
Decommissioning of Cuadrilla’s mothballed fracking wells is due to get underway within days after a crane was delivered to the site near Blackpool.