Updates – August 23rd

Updates to August timeline 23/8/13 Costs reach £2.3m Sussex Police says the cost of policing protests at Balcombe has risen to £2.3m and is likely to reach £3.7m. It says the cost of the six-day Reclaim the Power camp, which ended on Wednesday August 21st, were £1.5m, including help […]

Quote of the Day: 26 days later

Even before the arrest yesterday of the Green Party MP Caroline Lucas – for illegally blocking the entry to the drilling site, along with other protesters – it was clear that any rational debate [about shale gas exploration] had been drowned out by a shrieking chorus of environmental […]

Updates – August 20th

To Timeline August 2013 20/8/2013 Sussex Police say 10 people arrested yesterday outside the Cuadrilla site at Balcombe have been charged. Nine were charged with offences under Section 14 of the Public Order Act 1986 and one with using threatening, abusive or insulting words or behaviour. They will appear before […]

Who’s Who – Planning and Permits

Paul Batty Environment Agency officer responsible for issuing permits Simon Deacon Environment Agency technical specialist groundwater & contaminated land Divisional Manager County Development This postholder granted original Cuadrilla planning permission Louise Goldsmith Leader of West Sussex County Council She said: “I am very sorry for the disruption that […]