In the past few minutes, councillors in Ryedale have voted against plans to frack near the village of Kirby Misperton. The district council ‘s planning committee recommended refusal of the scheme by Third Energy to frack its existing KM8 well. The vote was seven for, one abstention and […]
3rd March 2014 InvestigatingBalcombeAndCuadrilla.com has a new news update page. This is a regularly-updated digest of the month’s news about fracking, onshore oil and gas developments and reaction to them. At the end of each month, the content will be transferred to the Timeline category. I hope you find this […]
Update to Timeline – September 2013 16/9/13 West Sussex County Council fails in its attempt in the High Court to get an order to evict campaigners from the roadside at Cuadrilla’s exploration site at Balcombe. The court adjourned the case, ruling that there was a need to balance obtaining […]
28/9/13 Planning permission expires Cuadrilla’s planning permission from West Sussex County Council to explore for hydrocarbons at Lower Stumble Farm, Balcombe, expires.
A month ago today, on Thursday July 25th, Cuadrilla began moving equipment onto its exploratory drilling site near Balcombe in West Sussex. Anti-fracking campaigners gathered outside the gates and successfully stopped lorries getting into the site. By 11am, campaigners had established a camp on the verge alongside and vowed […]
Updates to August timeline 23/8/13 Costs reach £2.3m Sussex Police says the cost of policing protests at Balcombe has risen to £2.3m and is likely to reach £3.7m. It says the cost of the six-day Reclaim the Power camp, which ended on Wednesday August 21st, were £1.5m, including help […]
Even before the arrest yesterday of the Green Party MP Caroline Lucas – for illegally blocking the entry to the drilling site, along with other protesters – it was clear that any rational debate [about shale gas exploration] had been drowned out by a shrieking chorus of environmental […]