Barrels per day (bopd): 13,855
Mar 2021 14,194 bopd
Feb 2021 14,491 bopd
Jan 2021 14,794 bopd
Weight: 54,474 tonnes
Mar 2021 57,653 tonnes
Feb 2021 53,165 tonnes
Jan 2021 60,083 tonnes
Volume: 66,089 m3
Mar 2021 69,956m3
Feb 2021 64,507m3
Jan 2021 72,911 m3
Onshore oil as proportion of UK total oil production: 1.9%
Mar 2021 1.53%
Feb 2021 1.59%
Jan 2021 1.63%
The data in this post is published by the Oil & Gas Authority, three months in arrears.
Daily rate at 31 year low
- The production rate in barrels per day (bopd) in April 2021was the lowest for 31 years.
- The last month when the rate of onshore oil production was lower was April1990.
- The total weight and volume of UK onshore oil produced in April 2021 were both down by around 5.5% compared to March’s figures .
- Total UK onshore production in April 2021 was 8% down compared to April 2020 and 11% down compared to April 2019.
Top producers: sites
Wytch Farm, Dorset
- April 2021 production was down 1.4% on the previous month
(11,745 bopd in April compared with 11,911 bopd in March).
- However the field’s share of UK onshore production increased from 83.9% in March to 84.2% in April .
Horse Hill, Surrey
- Barrels of oil produced per day fell 3.5% (from 104.7 in March 2021 to 101.1 in April ).
- Water production (barrels of water per day) was down by 7.5% (from 50.5 to 46.8).
- The water cut at Horse Hill (water as a proportion of total liquid produced) fell from 32.5% in March 2021 to 31.6% in April .
Scampton North, Lincolnshire
- Water produced almost doubled in April 2021 (79.3 bpd compared to 40.4 in March 2021)
- Oil production was up 10.4%, (101bopd in April 2021, up from 91.5bopd in March)
- The water cut increased to 44% in April 2020, up from 30.6% in March
Humbly Grove, Hampshire
- Dropped from 13th to 26th in the onshore oil production table
- Oil production fell 84.6% (down from 65.5bopd in March 2021 to 10.1bopd in April)
- Fell from 11th to 28th in the onshore oil production table
- Oil production was down 89.9% between March and April 2021 (falling from 78.9 bopd to 8.0 bopd)
Top onshore producers: companies
- Perenco was the only company to significantly increase its share of production (up from 84.8% of onshore production in March 2021 to 85.7% in April)
- IGas share of onshore production fell from 13% in March 2021 to 12.6% in April, after a large fall in production at its Gainsborough field
- EP UK Investments saw its share of onshore oil production fall from 0.5% to 0.07% as output from their Humbly Grove field continued to decline.