Update to Timeline – September 2013 24/9/13 Police help Cuadrilla breach planning permission Sussex Police tells West Sussex County Council that lorries entering and leaving the Cuadrilla site at Balcombe this week will use different routes. This would be a breach of the company’s planning permission. In a […]
A month ago today, on Thursday July 25th, Cuadrilla began moving equipment onto its exploratory drilling site near Balcombe in West Sussex. Anti-fracking campaigners gathered outside the gates and successfully stopped lorries getting into the site. By 11am, campaigners had established a camp on the verge alongside and vowed […]
Updates to August timeline 23/8/13 Costs reach £2.3m Sussex Police says the cost of policing protests at Balcombe has risen to £2.3m and is likely to reach £3.7m. It says the cost of the six-day Reclaim the Power camp, which ended on Wednesday August 21st, were £1.5m, including help […]
Even before the arrest yesterday of the Green Party MP Caroline Lucas – for illegally blocking the entry to the drilling site, along with other protesters – it was clear that any rational debate [about shale gas exploration] had been drowned out by a shrieking chorus of environmental […]
Police lines contain protestors outside the site entrance More news from August 19th
8.20 Two policeman get off the train at the same time as me at Balcombe. 8.23 Lots of traffic on the road from the station, some of it very fast. I get onto the verge as a police car comes past. I get a wave and wave back. 8.30 At the […]
Paul Batty Environment Agency officer responsible for issuing permits Simon Deacon Environment Agency technical specialist groundwater & contaminated land Divisional Manager County Development This postholder granted original Cuadrilla planning permission Louise Goldsmith Leader of West Sussex County Council She said: “I am very sorry for the disruption that […]
Katy Dunn Member of No Fracking In Balcombe Society Simon Greenwood Owner of Balcombe Estate which includes the Cuadrilla site at Lower Stumble and a member of Balcombe Parish Councl Francis Maude MP MP for Horsham, which includes Balcombe, and Cabinet Office Minister He said: “Balcombe is unlikely […]
Lord John Browne of Madingley Government’s lead non executive director on business in the Cabinet Office (appointed by Francis Maude), director of Riverstone Europe LLP and chairman of the board of Cuadrilla Resources Holdings Ltd. Former CEO of BP. Riverstone is a major investor in Cuadrilla Resources Holdings […]