Campaign

Council urges Balcombe anti-fracking campaigners “go home”

West Sussex County Council confirms it is asking the remaining anti-fracking campaigners outside Cuadrila’s Balcombe site to go home. The designated protest area established outside the site last month has been removed. The council says it wants to reinstate the protest area because it is concerned about the safety of the campaigners and road users. It is handing out letters asking the people still camped on the verges to leave. In a statement, the council says: “Cuadrilla completed its operations at the site at the end of last week, but people are still camped on the verges and a hut has also been erected.” The council failed in the High Court last month to secure a possession order for the roadside verges. It has until Tuesday October 8th to apply to the court to reactive the order.
Timeline – October 2013

Add a comment

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.