People have until tomorrow (Monday 25 November 2019) to comment on changes to the environmental permits for the Horse Hill oil site in Surrey.
The operator, Horse Hill Developments Limited (HHDL), wants drill new oil production wells and a water-reinjection borehole at the site near Gatwick Airport.
It also wants to install oil processing, storage and tanker loading facilities to allow oil to be exported.
HHDL is seeking consent to carry out the following activities:
- Construct of five new drilling cellars
- Drill four new hydrocarbon wells
- Drill an additional well to be used for produced water re-injection well
- Carry out 90-day extended well test on drilling each of the four new oil wells
- Carry out well maintenance workovers and operations, including acid wash and/oil hot oil treatment
- Drill well side-tracks, if necessary
- Produce oil from wells
- Install oil processing, storage and tanker loading facilities
- Store produced oil and water in separate tanks
- Discharge surface rain water from the well site extension into Spencer’s Gill
- Generation of electricity for export