In the past hour, the government won the vote on its new conditions for fracking, during a debate on the Infrastructure Bill. The result was 257 to 203 in favour of the conditions, first put forward by ministers in the House of Lords on Monday.
A new set of conditions on fracking by Labour’s energy team and a group of backbench MPs were released this morning. The House of Commons is expected to vote on them later today during discussions on the Infrastructure Bill.
A set of conditions on fracking, proposed by Labour and adopted by the Government a fortnight ago, has been rejected by the House of Lords without a vote.
28th April 2014 Tomorrow the planning committee of West Sussex County Council discusses the application by Cuadrilla to test drill its well at Balcombe. It will consider a report by the council’s strategic planning manager, Mike Elkington, which recommends approval of the application. The committee will also hear […]
28/9/13 Planning permission expires Cuadrilla’s planning permission from West Sussex County Council to explore for hydrocarbons at Lower Stumble Farm, Balcombe, expires.
23/8/13 Costs reach £2.3m Sussex Police says the cost of policing protests at Balcombe has risen to £2.3m and is likely to reach £3.7m. It says the cost of the six-day Reclaim the Power camp, which ended on Wednesday August 21st, were £1.5m, including help from ten other […]
The map below shows the exclusion zone which was a condition of police bail for campaigners arrested at the Cuadrilla site in Balcombe in July. It included the railway line between Brighton and London. The police gave one campaigner arrested on July 26th a travel warrant to travel […]
A group of anti-fracking campaigners arrested at the on-going demonstration outside Cuadrilla’s drilling site in Balcombe can return to the protest after successfully challenging “unlawful” bail conditions imposed by Sussex Police. The eight men and six women had been prevented since their arrest in July from entering an […]