A further group of anti-fracking campaigners appeared in Crawley Magistrates Court this morning, charged following protests outside the Cuadrilla exploration site at Balcombe. The case against one campaigner was withdrawn by the Crown Prosecution Service. The cases against 11 others were adjourned until October 16th 2013, when they […]
West Sussex County Council confirmed (8/10/10) it is pursuing its legal action to take possession of roadside verges next to Cuadrilla’s exploration site at Balcombe, Anti-fracking campaigners have been camping along the verges since July. Last month, the council applied to the High Court for a possession order […]
The Guardian Diary reports today (8/10/13) it has confirmed, through a Freedom of Information request, that Energy Minister Michael Fallon met Cuadrilla on 24 June 2013, a month before the company got the go-ahead to drill at Balcombe. The Department for Energy and Climate Change could not confirm […]
A majority of people attending a public debate on fracking in Lewes, Sussex, last night (October 7th 2013) opposed the technique for extracting gas or oil. A show of hands at the beginning and end of the event suggested a small number of people were undecided about fracking, […]
West Sussex County Council confirms it is asking the remaining anti-fracking campaigners outside Cuadrila’s Balcombe site to go home. The designated protest area established outside the site last month has been removed. The council says it wants to reinstate the protest area because it is concerned about the […]
7-13th October Cuadrilla’s planning application to continue to explore for oil at Lower Stumble, Balcombe, expected to be publicised by West Sussex County Council Tuesday October 8th House of Lords Economic Affairs Committee discusses the economic impact on UK energy policy of shale gas and oil Deadline expires […]
The Blackpool Gazette reports Cuadrilla has pulled out of one of its potential fracking sites on the Lancashire coast. The company says it will not seek consent to frack for gas at Anna’s Road in Westby because of “technical constraints related to wintering birds”. Drilling was restricted to a […]
The Environment Agency reports the green colour of a stream near Cuadrilla’s Balcombe drilling site is still unconfirmed but probably a green dye. Update to Timeline – October 2013
2/10/13 Environment Agency investigates possible pollution of a stream near Cuadrilla’s exploration site at Balcombe. Villagers report a section of the stream has turned bright green. The Agency says an initial visit found no evidence of “significant environmental harm” or threat to local water supply. Field measures show there […]
Update to Timeline – October 2013 2/10/13 The former chair of Lewes District Council and model, Marina Baker, is not to face charges following the protest at Cuadrilla’s site at Balcombe. A district judge, sitting at Crawley Magistrates Court, reviewed about 60 cases arising from the anti-fracking campaign […]