The risks of fracking in the UK are to be investigating next year by the House of Commons Environmental Audit Select Committee.
25th March 2014 The judge at the trial of Caroline Lucas and four other anti-fracking campaigners ruled this morning that the police did not have to release extra evidence that might help the defence case.
12\2\14 An anti-fracking campaigner padlocked herself to the gate into Cuadrilla’s oil exploration site at Balcombe because “the government wasn’t listening”. Nichola Sanger, on trial for an alleged offence arising from last summer’s Balcombe protests, told the independent video company, You and I Films, that fracking was wrong […]
The Chief Constable of Sussex, Martin Richards, will be called to give evidence at an anti-fracking trial, which could become a test case for the use of the Public Order Act against protestors. The case involves poet Simon Welsh, the first Balcombe resident to be arrested during the […]
The trial of the first environmental campaigners arrested outside Cuadrilla’s drilling site at Balcombe heard this morning (8/1/14) how a peaceful protest became chaotic as police began arresting people. Eleven campaigners deny obstructing the highway on July 26th last year by sitting on a log in the entrance […]
The fracking industry was warned today (September 19 2013) it could not afford a rogue operator or a single accident. The pro-fracking MP, Dan Byles, told the European Shale Gas and Oil Summit in London: “This is still a sensitive enough industry that an accident could shut everyone […]
This new blog has independent coverage of the exploration for oil and gas by Cuadrilla at Lower Stumble, Balcombe, West Sussex and the campaign against it. It seeks answers to questions and question the answers given by all sides on the issue of fracking. Later this week a comprehensive […]